Skip to main content

Being an Anderson...

ROCKS!

Not only have I inherited a whole other awesome family (that makes 2 incredibly fun-loving families for me - or just 1 BIG one), but there are a ton of other great things about it too. And one in particular that I cash in on frequently.

Test taking abilities.

Or just performance abilities in general. It seems that when I married Jeremy, and we became one, I got his brilliance as well. Jeremy and his siblings are all amazing at anything they do, and test-taking was definitely one of those things. I know it sounds silly, but truly, I was terrible. Now, somehow, overnight it all changed. What. A. Blessing!

This semester is one where my examinations are a combination of (1) everything we are supposed to have learned up to this point and (2) our ability to implement all that knowledge in a classroom. First, I received passing scores on all parts of the PRAXIS certification exam on the first try. Second, I have received a 97-100% on all exams this semester. Third, I was rated on my skills in the classroom and I am doing incredibly well!

Now, I know incredibly hard work has contributed to all these blessings, but honestly, it's not just hard work alone, because I've always worked hard and these results were just not possible. But being an Anderson, optimal achievement became possible - the norm even.

It also helps a ton that Jeremy is such a sweetheart and has been doing the majority of cooking and cleaning this semester. Because, I can't focus, if my house is cluttered and dirty, and he knows that I need to really focus this semester. How did I get so lucky? Hunky AND Helpful!?! That man deserves a medal.

Comments

  1. I can comment now! That is awesome, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maine

Dear Family and Friends, We're sorry we're terrible at keeping everyone up-to-date on our lives. We are in the busiest stage of our lives thus far. Jeremy is really putting in the time and effort to develop his skills to become the best dentist he can be. He comes home both physically and mentally tired, but invigorated about what he's doing. As his wife, it's so inspiring to hear him talk about his passion, and to see him so engaged in his work (studies).  Chloe is growing incredibly fast. Not height-wise (she didn't hit the gene jackpot there), but her motor- and verbal- skills are expanding rapidly at this age. She's 21 months old today. We stopped counting how many words she could say around 16 months. At her 18 month appointment her doctor said she was speaking like a 2year old; and it's only kept growing. She regularly speaks in 3-4 word sentences, and loves repeating our dinner prayers (I still have yet to be sneaky enough to get it on cam...

10 Years Mormon

I can't believe it's been ten years! Since being baptized my life has been drastically different. When I describe my teenage life people often don't believe me - because it is honestly light years away from where I am today. As I reflect on this monumental decision from my past I realize that everything that has happened since is because I had the courage to hope in good things to come, to hope in Christ, and to hope I could become something and someone more. Hope is powerful! My journey of faith, over the past ten years, overall, has been relatively easy. I have been very lucky. Many of my trials have come from the ways that my E.G.O (Edging God Out) slips into the crevices of my life. Turns out ego and faith don't mix all too well. I often find myself turning to God simply because I've been stubborn and like to think that I'm capable and independent. It's a very humbling experience to have to turn to Him multiple times each day to ask for help with th...

A little catch up

Holy Mole! It’s been like 2.5 months since I’ve last posted!!!! Somehow I feel like I have a million things to share and yet nothing at all. Went to California for Andy and Katelyn’s wedding Went to St. George for Jeremy’s cousin’s wedding (Brandon & Crystal) Raced legit go-carts (we had to wear gear and take a mini-driving lesson) Rocked mini-golfing Jeremy got yet ANOTHER promotion! He is now the Home Theater and Appliances Supervisor I started my internship with United Way in their Help Me Grow department, and I am loving it! I belted up another level at work! AND I’m getting all set-up to work from home now that I actually have an office. With all the crazy things I’m doing as far as school, work, and my internship go, Jeremy is becoming quite the helper. We made new friends (Jillian and Walker). We play a LOT of Betrayal of House on the Hill & Hand and Foot That’s about it. If I think of anything else I will be sure to post it.