As many of you know, this is my last semester taking classes at BYU. It has gone by so quickly - but in that same breath it feels like it has taken forever to get here. I'm 83% excited and about 17% terrified about this next stage in life. I mean I've been a student since I was 5 - that's 18 years people - and thus a HUGE transition!!! How do you prepare for that?!
Annnnnnd because I'm an incredibly psycho planner lady and have been trying to prepare for this day pretty much since I found out I would be attending BYU in the first place - I literally have 5+ excel spreadsheets serving as possible timeline life options. I guess I feel like if I plan for everything I won't feel lost because we aren't following a plan, because I'll have thought of and planned for it all. But we all know how Heavenly Father seems to know what we need and that isn't always in our plan - but planning brings me peace of mind and comfort.
Anyhow, back to the cohort. This is the semester where we get to go out into established classrooms and observe and practice putting all of our knowledge and training into practice! I got placed in a Kindergarten classroom - it is unbelievably fun - and I love "my" little students so much already. I just know that I'm going to cry when I have to leave.
I want to do something nice for them, but I have no idea what. Since it's a half-day kindergarten I have 37 students - what can I do for 37 students that won't burn a hole in my pocket, but really show them that I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment with them? Any ideas YOU have would greatly be appreciated since I lack in the creativity department.
Yours Truly,
Kristin
Annnnnnd because I'm an incredibly psycho planner lady and have been trying to prepare for this day pretty much since I found out I would be attending BYU in the first place - I literally have 5+ excel spreadsheets serving as possible timeline life options. I guess I feel like if I plan for everything I won't feel lost because we aren't following a plan, because I'll have thought of and planned for it all. But we all know how Heavenly Father seems to know what we need and that isn't always in our plan - but planning brings me peace of mind and comfort.
Anyhow, back to the cohort. This is the semester where we get to go out into established classrooms and observe and practice putting all of our knowledge and training into practice! I got placed in a Kindergarten classroom - it is unbelievably fun - and I love "my" little students so much already. I just know that I'm going to cry when I have to leave.
I want to do something nice for them, but I have no idea what. Since it's a half-day kindergarten I have 37 students - what can I do for 37 students that won't burn a hole in my pocket, but really show them that I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment with them? Any ideas YOU have would greatly be appreciated since I lack in the creativity department.
Yours Truly,
Kristin